Saturday, February 21, 2009

"And he perceived that her little foot slid in without trouble." - Perrault

And so the story goes, "Cinderella was as good as she was beautiful..." It is striking that a delicate little glass shoe deemed the maiden fit for her destiny and that we are still charmed by the notion of being donned with such an honor. I am very flattered to say that I was recently dubbed "A Princess" TWICE with the Bubblin' Over Award by the very kind Deborah at www.picturespotspens.blogspot.com along with Vanessa of Vanilla Lavender and the magically gifted Dutchess from www.thegardenofthedutchess.blogspot.com. This award was started by Claudie from Bubblin' over and I so appreciate the honor! You are queens worthy of the Royal Treament! Then, to my great delight, I received the award again yesterday from my dear angel Sherry at Edie Marie's Attic! At this time, I would like to mention three people who are princesses in my book any day of the week for their exquisite talents, keen eye for beauty and their gentle spirits, the stuff that makes a woman "as good as she is beautiful." Therefore, "if the shoe fits wear it" title goes to:

Nancy from Fête et Fleur, cordonnière extraordinaire for her 'take your breathe away' photographs, gorgeous paper shoes and inspiration.

Julie from Gilded Moons for her professional flair, posh decorating style and cherished friendship.

Barb from French Elements for her thoughtful and enduring spirit.

May you wear this honor in peace ladies, and may your glass slipper take you down beautiful verdant paths unimagined!

I was fortunate to find the following golden Cinderella coach at Julie's little vintage shop one beautiful summer day. She had great finds from Europe and luscious ribbon of all colors and styles. I placed a glittered Barbie shoe and crown on the inside. Isn't it sweet?


Nancy from Fête et Fleur started fashioning paper shoes a while back and boldly went where I always wanted to go, and that is to become the Queen's cobbler! She took her nimble hands and has created a devoted following of her paper souliers. If you are not familiar with her work, please stop in her workshop and try on a pair! Unlike her medium of delicate papers, I have created a couple of pairs of Marie Antoinette "wannabes" out of vintage shoes. Nancy's art woke up my passion for shoes and here are three pairs that I transformed. The first pair on the left started as a black silk; I just painted them gold and attached a pink silk bow and buttons. The middle shoe is a cheap mule that I decorated with a French ribbon ruffle and the third vintage pair endured a layer of gold paint as well. Barb from French Elements has a marvelous shop for Francophiles and I picked up this great tea light crown that completes the royal treatment. Merci bien, Barb! The following photo is of a little "glass theatre" I created. I painted the wooden frame gold, cut out some text from an old French play appropriately entitled, La Mort de la Reine, and glued in a rhinestone crown pin and a pair of glittered china shoes. There are many more shoe creations around my little cottage, all inspired by artists such as Nancy, Julie and Barb. We leave a little bit of ourselves with others and I hold that dear. Thank you for your awards, friendship and shared love for creating and making us all feel like queens.



17 comments:

The Dutchess said...

Oh,my dearest what a wonderful Cinderella post..love the pictures:)))I am of now to visit the three Cinderella's you introduced..........Have a magical day!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Bravo mon cher amie!!

What an incredible post!It has taken my breath away! What little girl hasn't been thrilled within her heart when the glass slipper slides onto Cinderella's foot perfectly??!!

And what better person to receive the award that la gentille amie Nancy! She is so wonderful and you are so blessed to have her for a sister-in-law. And darling Barb ( a secret princess I'm sure!) She is a lovely lady and so deserving of the award. And congrats to the other lady that has won the award. I will be visiting her to have a cup of tea.

I LOVE the Cinderella carriage Anita! It is adorable!! It must have come from the most beautiful pumpkin in the patch! Your photos look great Anita! And the pictures you find to use on your posts are incredible, you have a beautiful talent for putting a perfect post together mon amie!!

Hope you have time for some well deserved rest today. After church we will be celebrating my darling DIL's birthday! The birthday crown will be passed on once again!!

Le Seigneur te benisse!

Bisous, Sherry

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your awards, and Nancy and her incredible shoes certainly should receive a Cinderella award. I have to peek into the other ones you mentioned. Your light adds the perfect touch.
Karen

The Victorian Parlor said...

Congratulations! The award is very well deserved:) I absolutely love what you did with the shoes! They are royally divine! Your posts are always so inspirational and your blog a favorite of mine!

Fete et Fleur said...

Hello my Dear Sister! I feel honored to have received this award. Your blog is always a place of beauty and magic. Aren't you excited you started one? Your shoe creations are gorgeous. You my dear have the touch. Blessings to you and Mr. B.

Merci mille fois!!
Nancy

loong said...

your picture are very beautiful,especially the last one let me imagine what a art befor belief.

Hiroman said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! Those pictures are like a western countries. And your harp is also nice. I'd like to listen your harp! Thank you!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

What a divine post! I feel so honored that you think so highly of the award passed down from Claudie.

Your projects are enchanted treasures, indeed! You are truly a princess of Castles, Drowns and Cottages.

My thanks to you for sharing this award with others.

Deborah

savvycityfarmer said...

I see that you are following Charm Hill Interiors...what's not to follow...

hey hon, how can we hook up...I think I heart you....hehe

no really I wanna sit and chat aaallllllllllll day

I will post the vintage Italian shoes I just found,you'll pee.

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

HI THERE!!! Well as soon as I saw your crown(in your header) I knew I would love your blog!!! Lovely my dear...just lovely!!! Chrissy

Rosemary said...

Great post today!!
I love everything. Great job on your little theater!
I love Nancy's pretty shoes, and her blog.
Congrats to you and to the award winners!!
Have wonderful evening!!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Anita, thank you so much for the kind words! I love reading your blog and always am inspired by the way you display your beautiful treasures!!!!!

Anne Marie said...

I like how she's not just a 'face' but was actually a decent person (in the stories)

That last picture you posted was divine!!

Nice to meet you :)

The Dutchess said...

Mon Cher Amie..what a busy life...so nice of you to visit the garden when you find the time....do sit down and stay for a while..Miss Moussie wil serve tea and cookies..This is our adres...hope the link will work:)

http://thegardenoftheduchess.blogspot.com/

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Dutchess,

Thank you for the invitation to tea; will Miss Mousie be there and the chef par excellence Gustave? I shall wear my most appropriate attire and sit and enjoy the best of company! Bonne journee! Anita

savvycityfarmer said...

oh my , I'm afraid to show you the Italian shoes...you might jump thru your monitor

Medieval Muse said...

Ha! I have that big gold crown (sitting near your shoes) in black. I also collect them in every size and shape. Your tiny "opera stages/montages" are delightful.