Listen to the music

Monday, September 6, 2010

Girls and Their....

There is nothing like a smart tailored suit to put a smile on your face


or a Norman Parkinson feathered hat


to put a spring in your step.


But if you don't have a suit, a reason to wear a feathered chapeau or the stamina to wear spiked talons, there is one thing that you can slip on for a brush with elegance and grace



OORBELLEN


BRINCOS DE PÉROLA


Un collier de perles


ANILLO DE PERLAS


PEARLS, BABY!


From QUEENS









to brides





and beautiful friends


Les femmes d'un certain âge are familiar with the glow


and aesthetic pleasure of pearls.




I have often heard my French colleagues say to a beloved friend, "Tu es une perle", to communicate the sense of, "You are a rare find, a GEM."



Diamonds may be "A Girl's Best Friend"





but YOU all are PEARLS, friends who are a rare find, of great worth, of everlasting beauty.

THANK YOU EVERYONE, who has

encouraged me

made me laugh

given me advice

have been by my side, virtually....

I celebrate YOU.



VOUS ÊTES DES PERLES


So now my PEARL FRIENDS,go out and be the rare and creative gems that you are


get some rest as well



and be sure to visit my rare gem of a husband at his blog, Rattus Scribus, and look back at his posts when you get a moment, to see what a burgeoning writer has to say about life and friendships; a rare gem indeed.

PHOTO CREDITS:

Woman in black and pink with pearls: The beautiful CLAUDIE from BUBBLIN OVER

Google Images

Bed: From the blog, Something Beautiful to Share