Listen to the music

Friday, December 24, 2010

New Beginnings

I love to sit



and plot



and then DO.


Along the years, most of my personal goals have come to pass





and have passed and gone.



Yet more room in my allotted time on this earth



has been carved out to seek other endeavors
that remain to be challenging





but nonetheless, fulfilling.





Two years ago, January 1, 2009 I wrote my first blog post:




Decorating is my cup of tea. Since childhood, I have looked at rooms with a critical eye and visions of torn down walls replaced by french doors inviting you into expanded spaces and customized fireplaces. While proposing such projects, my father would just look down at his little girl, snicker, and move on. These days, my husband is the lucky recipient of my audacious ideas. He shares however, my vision of making something beautiful out of what you have and the journey has been a lesson on what you can do on a budget and an abundant imagination, not to mention a lot of hard work and patience. I dedicate this first posting to my beloved husband of almost 27 years who has willingly and lovingly created my dream cottage. Merci bien mon cher et je t'aime de tout de mon coeur. - Anita




Our dream has been slowing awakening into a reality. In early spring of 2011, I hope to share the intended destination with you, but for now, here are some snapshots of the journey.








Be audacious and focus on a journey's end and make 2011 a voyage to remember and share it with us!

BONNE ANNÉE MES AMIES

Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar!

And thank you ALL for a memorable and LIFE-CHANGING experience in Blogland!

The Dutchess
Penny
Tita
Jackie
Ruben
Rosie
Violet
Saskia
Koralee
Martina
Doré
Kerrie
Amy F. S.
Victoria
Jade
Spencer
Bonnie
Julie at Gilded Moons
Jo
Fine
Marie-Ange
Sacha
The Two Sherrys
Nancy
Kristin
Kirsten
Shari
Stacy
Tristan
Christel
Jeri
Sandra
Nezzy
Lili M.
Rosemary
Marie my cousin ( I LOVE YOU)
Bunny
Debbie
Deborah
Erin
Rita
Jan and George
Carol and Charli
Frances aka Marie 2nd
Dzintra
Patti
Julie from down under
Cecilia
Mimi Bleu
Ria
Ulla
Jorgelina
Pilar
Lea
Suzanne
June
Tish
Lulu
Micki
Kim
Claudie
Deb F.
Karen H.C.
HHL
Rayanne
Zuzu
Gwenny
Yvonne
Brenda
Sumea
Marie at Tonidolls


and the list goes on...

Photo credits:

Audrey Hepburn - Tumblr, Google
Construction at Rabbit Hill, Castle drawing and La Petite Pierrette book cover - Anita Castles Crowns and Cottages ©