Listen to the music

Friday, September 16, 2011

Once Upon a Life

Book making



 poetry


 

paper mâché.




Theatres in gold 







  
and shabby-chic gray.....






Through the years 

my childlike curiosity


via


and ability to amuse myself 

through the creative processes

source unknown


have sheltered me from the darkening skies 

of the adult journey


via

However, something HAD truly been lost: 



via


the faith to


tumblr


that my creations could be of real value 

to others.







Then a very special exchange 

occurred one day.




There have been many kind "thank-yous" and 

compliments on my art since I started to

draw again after 40 long years




 




and I've never sent my drawings 

any further 

than to the addresses of 

dear blogger friends 

just for FUN.








But when designer and artist 

Lisa Moran from Bilancia Designs received 

some of my Audrey Hepburn sketches






the handmade treasures she sent me



 
were accompanied by not only 

sincere  gratitude


 



but with specific advice, direction  

and an expertise in the arts

that has actually EMPOWERED me

to dare to




and that is...

to awaken 

the artist in me





to TRUST

and to take my skills to NEW HEIGHTS

via

and 

sell my art.

A busy school year requires my full attention

and my writing goals are of the 

utmost importance. 

But if anything, Lisa has 

made me think about 

NOT FORGETTING

the artist I once was as a child





and to develop my abilities as an 

adult.

via

Please visit Lisa's beautiful world and 

heart

right HERE to see more.


MERCI MILLE FOIS, Lisa!



All miniature theatres, illustrations of animals and children and Audrey Hepburn by Anita Rivera Castles Crowns and Cottages