Listen to the music

Friday, December 23, 2011

Safely Tucked Away



pinterest
 
in my earliest memory of 

Christmas

Christmas 1965 Los Angeles

the story of the season

in relationship 

to my life 

source unknown


had not yet begun to 

flower 

pinterest

UNTIL

my child 

tumblr

of

Christmas Past

pinterest

and the woman of

CHRISTMAS TODAY

via

met to reconcile

in the light.

via

That particular year 

my mother

Los Angeles 1965
 
had nothing to give her only 

daughter

but one thing:


pinterest


a pencil.

And as I looked out my window
I had noticed that even 
the other poor kids 
had
new bikes 
new clothes 
new toys.
 
But it wasn't until the years

whittled away the commonality 

of what I took for granted

pinterest

and exposed the possibilities


via
 
that I

finally saw

the core



via

of my mother's gift.

via





LOVE

is priceless


and from what seems


impossible

spills over in abundance

from within.

via

FOREVER.

It's the 

Perfect Gift.

via

Please visit my husband Ruben 


here


to read his holiday poetry. 


Wishing all of 

YOU
  
my TREaSUreD friends

Merry/Happy Christmas



Happy Hannukah


Joyeux Noël


Feliz Navidad


Vrolijk Kerstfeest

 Fröhliche Weihnachten

 Buone Feste Natalizie

Nadolig Llawen

Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom

Feliz Natal  

Gledelig Jul

Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu!  

Nollaig Shona Dhuit


Header Photo Credits:

from left to right top:


Second and third images no source

Bird's nest via Midwest Living