Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What I've Been Looking For


The sun

has cast shadows

via

on my life

as 



When I walk during the day 


past a particular row 

of homes


and my shadow drops

beside me 
 



via



via

 
I see them -



via


I see  

the family members

that once walked with me

during my childhood 

in 

California. 
 
   
via

 
But the light of day


via


and 

the light of night


via

  
wanes with time.


via


Yet the shadows still follow

calling you

to reach out

to them just once more.
 
It's impossible

but this is what 

 art is for:

to bring back

the light

that once fell 

on both of you.

 
via

 
     
 Carol Cook from the blog

Art and Sand

shared a post 

on her husband's art studio.

  
Art and Sand for Steve Cook Fine Art

And since I'll always be

California Girl

viewing Steve's

paintings

gave me back 

What I've Been Looking For.

Thank you Steve and Carol.