Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A kinder, gentler world

I am so blessed to have received this acknowledgement from the one and only Sherry from Ediemariesattic.blogspot.com. She is the Angel of Blogland! Merci ma belle! In the next post, I will pass on this touching award to three other friends that have touched my heart.



There is something innocent and magical, if you will, about animals. For those of you who are not inclined to observe the behavior of beasts both great and small, then use your imagination and think about an ideal place where you would find wonder, kindness, laughter and peace. We are pretty hard-pressed to find such a place unless we create it ourselves, and in our circle of kindred spirits, I have encountered a sweet place where I often go to speak to the animals. The woman who has breathed life into a mouse who takes tea every afternoon, a frog who is a gourmet chef and a bear that goes to the theatre in a top hat is the recipient of the Angel Award for the month of April.



The home site for these lovable creatures is thegardenofthedutchess.blogspot.com and if you need to slip into make-believe mode to decompress from the “reality” of life, then pay her a visit. The “Dutchess” is creative and bright and her choice of music and art fits the antics of her beloved creatures. Even if you are not partial to little rodents, reptiles or bears, you just might become infatuated with the likes of Miss Moussie, Gustave and Mozes, who possess a distinct personality thanks to the animated writing style of their mistress. The three of them got together with pen in paw and decided to put their writing abilities to the test:

Dear Dutchess,
We were taking our tea this afternoon and decided that it is high time that we thanked you for giving us the gift of life and a glimpse of a true angel. So, Gustave baked some biscuits, Mozes made a fine pot of Earl Grey, and me, Miss Moussie, I took to the pen and wrote you a poem:


Swirling whirling cooking clanging
Pots and teacups all around

Gustave cooking Mozes dancing
Listen to the haunting sound

Creatures singing speaking dancing
Mice and birds in the garden play

Angels writing drawing laughing
Give us something sweet to say

Now we wait for another chapter
In our book of tales tall

Oh Dutchess dear we wait in silence
For the life you give us all.

– Miss Moussie as told to her by Camille Benoit©

The Angel of the Month goes to The Dutchess, a sweet spirit that has made my blogging experience a kinder, gentler world. Merci, Madame.



Don't forget, if you are interested, send in a paragraph or two for the final act of La Diva! The give-away for the winner is a handmade book of the play. A la prochaine!

9 comments:

KeKe said...

What a sweet post!! :)
I agree, that is one of the mostdelightful blogs to read, indeed!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Mon Chere Madame Benoit,

What a deserving person to receive your precious Angel Award! The Dutchess is so creative and talented and a sweet soul.

It was so wonderful of you to help her clan write such an adorable thank you to her! The poem is so delightful and heartfelt.
You are the FIRST angel mon chere!!

Bisous, Madame Sherry

Rosemary said...

I always enjoy your posts Anita.
Yay for the angel award. Very nice.
Hope you are having a nice evening.
Rosemary

Fete et Fleur said...

Wonderful angel of the month!

Bisou
Nancy

A Bit of the Blarney said...

[applause] To a delightful lady with exquisite taste! The Duchess truly deserves the Angel Award!

The post is wonderful and puts me in a tranquil frame of mind! Cathy

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Bonjour Anita!

Please stop over, I have a little award for you!

Have a wonderful day!

Bisous, Sherry

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Anita, please send me your email address...I can't find it or have completely overlooked it. Or you can email me at cathy.keller@gmail.com. Thanks. I'm off on a Providence journey and will be back early afternoon. Cathy

The Dutchess said...

Dearest..There are tears in my eyes..What a sweet sweet surprise..Miss Moussie is sitting here on my desk telling me she had to keep the surprise hidden for about a week and it was soooo difficult not to tell me...I did notice she was whispering secretly with Mozes and Gustave a couple of times..and when I askt what was going on they told me gazing at he sky...Ooo nothing..You are such a dear for giving me this award:)
Well,there wouldn't be a garden without my little friends, so..I will share this beautiful award with the little ones..and of course with my big cuddly Mozes.
We thank you..you are an Angel..

The Victorian Parlor said...

Congrats on your award:)

I am going to visit the Duchess as it sounds like the perfect respite for today:)