Listen to the music

Sunday, February 21, 2010

French Day Dreaming

I woke up one morning, et j'avais envie to go back to bed and turn the clock back in time dans mes rêves



but it was too beautiful outside.



So I decided to look out my balcony



and let my imagination transport me to an era where a woman would just swing open the doors into her armoire



and find something beautiful



and extraordinary to wear.



I stumbled into a deep slumber where everything morphed into a collage of stunning black and white memories of which the color comes only from each passing day, and where else other than Paris



would this adventure of dramatic contrasts between light and dark



and haute couture take place?



Even stepping out to the café pour une bonne tasse de thé avec une amie



would call for the occasion to slide on a string of pearls.





And if it rained?



All the better; misty days gave way to try the latest fashion



And once the weathered cleared up, all a girl had to do was call up a friend



decide what to wear



and take to the streets



in style.





Somehow, being well-heeled makes you feel good



and ready to seek new adventures



with the one you love.



I suddenly woke up to the light of a new day in my own world



and I'm ready to go out today and make my dreams come true.

Enjoy each day in style with someone you love!

Photo Credits:

French Interiors scanned from Country French Interiors

Bringing France Home -Cheryl MacLaclan 1995

Provençal Escapes - Caroline Clifton-Mogg 2005

Lace on Chair - Tongue and Cheek

Audrey Hepburn, Vogue - Google Images