Listen to the music

Saturday, March 19, 2011

See You In The Morning

I had a dream


that after winter's clenching grip

my window was finally freed open


and the faint song of a distant memory



and the perfume of stillness 


spoke volumes to my soul.




While truth held me in sweet captivity

in my fleeting Twilight



rare moments of wonder of this life


bloomed into an eternal cycle of unfettered joy


For what I saw was an ordinary fruit with a tough and

rude skin


being cracked open through the non-essential surface

in order to arrive at the organic

core of life. 

And when the hidden seeds from which issue the 

essentials of eternity were

discarded


 for the 
momentary pleasures of the flesh


an inconsolable void



quickly appeared upon reflection
only to gracefully reveal an inexpressible beauty

I will

see you in the morning

  
for in my waking hours


the only way to make each day different from all the 

rest as I step into your world is:

"In the essentials, UNITY

in the non-essentials, LIBERTY
in ALL THINGS

  LOVE." 

St. Augustine





               Tumblr