Listen to the music

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breakfast At Tiffanys



I couldn't put it down.



I finally sat down long enough


 
to experience the bite of the unknown


and chilling plunge

into the

first chapter.



Then, as if they had a say in the whole affair



the stringed lights in my garden

flickered in dim unison



like children joined hand-in-hand



whimsically chanting summer's 

END.




BUT

the tale endures.


For it is in the HEART of the story 


where the treasures are found








that ignite the joy






of knowing that the dreams of a child




and the insecurities of an adolescent





can flower into the wisdom of an adult.



Because when you follow the story of your life just remember that





My summer holiday is over 

but the plot thickens.

My students and I are waiting 





to learn that






So before I start on 

my way back to the classroom




 
I just want to tell you that 




Thank you



for a summer of 

letters
laughter
gift exchanges
emails
Skype 

and most of all for the confidence that I can collaborate

with you in creating a place to

forget the troubles of the world 


in order to remember 


what is close to your heart.

Anita

Photo Credits: Pinterest
               Tumblr
Sketches of children and Audrey Hepburn: Anita Castles Crowns and Cottages ©