Listen to the music

Friday, August 19, 2011

Breathe It All In

I could feel it under my feet


while the fingers that dodged hammers to build

me 

a playhouse that summer






and that deftly 

upholstered furniture from nine to five 



fluttered over ivory stairs 

to the moon.




I heard every calculated measure and responded



 as Claude Debussy transformed mathematical form

into

MOONSHINE.


 But as my daddy played his piano

my young eyes would fill with wonder.



And to this day

my spent eyes well with tears

as I play


yet wonder still



WHAT WAS HE THINKING
 
when he composed

Clair de Lune?

 
Did Debussy behold

the Paris sky


and witness what I cannot see?




I believe he would he say to me,


"If you could only see what I hear."


I will never know what moved him.

But I do know that an artist just simply needs to 





Don't just breathe.


LIVE 

and love forever.


You MUST visit Dawne at Quiddity 2 who kindly allowed me to use her WHIMSICAL and original images of the Paris moon. Just click HERE to see more of her photography and travel log. It is a must-see!
MERCI BEAUCOUP DAWNE 
and my subheader is from her Pinterest board, too! 



OTHER PHOTO CREDITS: