Listen to the music

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Perfect Day

I simply wanted to thank her
 
for her comment 

on that

still summer day

pinterest via

pinterest via


so I foraged through some 

forgotten drawings




and sent one off

with a sincere

thank you.


anita rivera ©

My door 

had been left 

abandoned

and clamped shut

for 43 years 


pinterest

while I was seeking to

pry open other 

peoples' visions


pinterest via

and mousing my way in 

where perhaps

I didn't belong. 

All was forgotten about that

thank you note 

until one day


on the final flicker of 

summer's light


pinterest via

the key to my door

came back to me 


unexpectedly.


pinterest via


And like 

a timid bud


via


slowly yielding itself to its 

destiny


pinterest via


my door reluctanly

but finally 

opened


pinterest via

to greet 

my spring


pinterest via


that had been singing 

at my windowsill

all along

pinterest via


unfolding possibility


pinterest via


after possibility


pinterest via

in all colors


via


pinterest via


conquering winter's 

menacing shadows

with a simple truth:


pinterest via


in order to cultivate 

what had always been

germinating 

within me. 


unknown source
It was

a


perfect day.




Please visit my Etsy shop

click here
 
and 

welcome in 

your spring.


castles crowns and cottages the shop ©




Thank you dear Lisa.






Header photo credits from left to right:


1
2
3
4