Listen to the music

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Twice Upon A Time




 I saw






via




Versailles

L'Opéra Garnier

 les pâtisseries

and 

les boutiques...

I wanted to relive it all

when I came back home


pinterest


and I did.

Because



was

on

my handmade stage


anita rivera


a wood and metal 

theatre


anita rivera




anita rivera


where 

the court of 

Versailles


via



marches again in a procession of 

ideas.



anita rivera




The details I had remembered

 from

L'Opéra Garnier



via



via


changed how I saw

a vintage soap dish

as 

a balcony seat


anita rivera


suitable for a little bisque 

queen.

 
anita rivera


The statuesque

croquembouches

in the best Paris 

pâtisseries






inspired a paper clay sculpture



anita rivera


that makes me





anita rivera


And

 winsome Paris windows



via


reflect back

a friend's lithe paper works



paper dress violet skiles


as well as my own.



anita rivera paper tutu




But the best part 

about this showpiece is sharing 

a sense

of





with blog friends

who have also 

staged their dreams.


Take a break

from your Christmas preparations


anita rivera


to 

visit their 

French-inspired theatres


and 

live life


anita rivera
















Theatre made from an old bookcase embellished with scraps from vintage metal valances. Wooden floor and beams hand-cut and painted by me. Marie Antoinette doll wig handmade by me with sheep's wool scraps.