Listen to the music

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bonjour le Printemps!


I'm in the pink and I've made up my mind. I am going to go all pink this year in our gardens and window boxes. Last year, I had a case of the blues; rich hues of lavender, morning glories, forget-me-knots and Endless Summer hydrangeas gave us daily pleasure. But this year, my inspiration for pink comes from a photo of a darling little tea shop in... you guessed it...


Carmel-by-the-Sea. However, I am very partial to blue...especially the deep azur of my delphiniums the rabbits ate down to a nub two years ago,


and the deep blue of hydrangea flower boxes outside of a posh antique shop near the lakes.


But it's time for a change. Like the little cottages in Carmel that attract shutterbugs,

and the timeless cottages of the Cotswolds in England,

So too does a little dwelling with enormous appeal as well as a roomier cottage here in our city needs a lift from the stillness of a harsh mid-west winter.


So pink happens to be the color of choice this year to put winter to rest,

and to accompany the lush green of moss and thyme,


So the first weekend of May I'm off to one of our many Farmers' Markets to pick out my palate of pinks to adorn our windows and to add a brush stroke of color to wash away a long mid-west winter


and usher in the transforming magic of Spring.


I would like to thank Tristan from Enchanted Revelry for brightening my weekends with his stylish Pink Saturday posts. Please visit him at tristanrobin.blogspot.com for a dose of happiness; you will be tickled pink! Look at the magical book I won from one of his give-aways! It was surely a wish come true for me! Thanks Tristan et bon weekend tout le monde!