Listen to the music

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Fair Ladies





We've seen them all. The exquisite photos of a young, dark haired gamine who made us believe that fairy tales can come true, never cease to draw a sigh of admiration for her poise, humility and unpretentious elegance from all of her admirers.



My favorite photo of Audrey Hepburn however, is not of a young princess whose physical beauty was like a fairytale,



but rather of a mature Audrey, whose radiance cannot be extinguished by time. Her beauty is even more illuminating in the following photo, in which her heart for the defenseless and poor outshines even her own iconic image as her eyes cry out, "Why?"



There is a French proverb of which the author is unknown that says, "La figure fait la beauté d'une statue, l'action fait celle de l'homme." In other words, "The face is what makes a statue beautiful, but it is the actions of men that reveal their true beauty."



I would like to dedicate this post to My Fair Ladies, a group of women whose talents, personalities and actions reveal an eternal beauty that will never fade:

Susan L., a long-time friend in California whose humor, faith and dedication to the love of God radiates no matter what the circumstance-

Patricia from Woolytale Miniatures, whose friendship is precious beyond words-



Nancy from Fête et Fleur, who has never uttered an unkind word to me-

Sherry from Edie Marie's Attic who never turns down an opportunity to lend a helping hand or offer encouragement and sound wisdom -



The Dutchess and her beloved Miss Moussie who have remained faithful companions on an unforgettable journey into my imagination-



Spencer from Bellamere Cottage for always having a positive and humorous attitude-



Bonnie from Diamonds and Daisies for her willingness to take risks and never quitting-



Karen Harvey Cox from Scrapbook of Inspiration for her generosity with her beautiful art-

Jacqueline from Once Upon a Fairyland for always being herself and relishing the memories of her childhood



And my mother, who humbly showed me how to live and then courageously showed me how to die-



The list goes on and on of a host of My Fair Ladies who have made me believe that fairy tales can come true by the eternal beauty of their actions. And I would like to thank the witty Bunny from I'm just say'n for this thoughtful award:



Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog
3. Link back to the person who nominated you
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know
5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate
7. Leave a comment on each blog letting them know you nominated them

Here are seven things that I think you may not know about me:

1. I was an extra in two movies: Steven Spielberg's 1941 and Rocky II.
2. My father attended my maternal grandparents' wedding at the age of 18 two years before my mother was even born.
3. Everything that I have become successful at I started to learn "late" in life.
4. I want to be a professional writer for childrens' literature.
5. I prefer vanilla to chocolate any day!
6. I haven't eaten a candy bar in 29 years.
7. I want a white horse, you know, the kind with blue eyes, pink noses and lips? They are so.....



Oh....AND NOW THE DRUMROLL PLEASE...I pass on this very special award to the following "Kreativ Bloggers" who never cease to amaze me:

1. My gorgeous cousin Marie at Dancing in Tattered Shoes (your sense of humor is priceless)
2. My brilliant husband at Rattus Scribus (if laughter promotes longevity, I'll live to be a 1000!)
3. Rosemary at Rose's Petite Maison (Woman, you are THE queen's crown maker!)
4. Tristan at Enchanted Revelry (Your posh style and wit are on another level to which I aspire)
5. Lili at Lili M. (Your vintage wares are always so beautifully arranged!)
6. Carol at Charli and Me (You have animated Charli in the most heartfelt way)
7.Keke at In My Sepia Studio (You really know how to combine those colors to get the right mood for your posts!)

Now as Tristan would say, "Now go and make something beautiful", I say, Go out and make someone's day...you certainly make mine!

Bisous à vous tous!