Listen to the music

Friday, November 20, 2009

Pink Saturday: Follow Your Dreams?

It's another Pink Saturday hosted by Bev at How Sweet the Sound. Please visit her to see what's happening on the Pink scene this weekend! Please click on photos to enlarge.


Upon my bed I had a dream

of vintage beds in gold and cream



in gold and cream and pewter gray









my lovely dream was fading away


but not before I caught a wink



of a French boudoir in vintage pink.

- Castles Crowns and Cottages

Have you ever had a dream from which you wake thinking, "That was the best idea I've ever had?"



Well, I haven't been able to shake the idea that I would love to take this little dressing table in my bedroom



and paint it pink.



So I eagerly bounced out of my bed



and slipped on my little chaussons



and made a pot of tea to help me rethink my dream and plan my strategy





while I sat in my favorite pink chair.



As I recall, the surrounding d├ęcor was a soft French white with a subtle hint of pink



as opposed to this silk chair in a bold raspberry hue



or the almost blueberry tint of this chest of drawers from Nella Vetrina.



No, this was a soft, faded tone like that of my vintage diaries



or this magnificent pair of chairs with just the right touch of gold.



However, to my dismay, I ended up with a flat Pepto Bismo shade



that didn't quite fulfill my dreams. So next time I have a bright idea while dreaming, I'll just stay in bed a little longer



and let my whims wear off a bit before I follow my dreams!

Have a fun PINK SATURDAY and have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Photo Credits:

Dangerous Liaisons - Koda Bolton
Carolun Quartermaine
Trouvais
Nella Vetrina Furnishings