Listen to the music

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

Before anyone of us can BLOOM into the blue bird of happiness that we were meant to be


we must endure a state of DORMANCY



until the light begins to shine again


to illuminate our PURPOSE


so that we can flourish.



I have been asleep for a long time


 but for the last two years



every morning and by my side


YOU have called me out from my slumber



with your individual styles



your outlandish humor


your hospitality and point of view. 


This year I will be one year older in body



but many years younger in spirit

because TOGETHER

we strengthen our faith in ourselves and in each other



to come forward

and dare to try what we as little girls



always dreamt of being

but as women 


were afraid to try.

This is finally my year dear friends

what about you

Open up the gift of your minds



and free your talents from the inevitable but temporary period of dormancy, for your Spring is coming.


My beauty sleep is finally over



and this winter I am going to slowly blossom 

 
and come out of the pages of someone else's dreams


 and be the artist and storyteller that I was meant to be.



Photo Credits:

Tumblr
Oona Patterson Paper Cut Outs