Listen to the music

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Language and Art of Love

We often think of LOVE in its form as a noun:

A person...

I LOVE DIOR!


A place... 

I LOVE THE BEACH.


OR thing...

I LOVE CHOCOLATE




or vanilla, of course



We sometimes dESIRe these things based on how they make us 

FEEL.  
C'est BON!



As a VERB however,

whose job is to tell us what to DO,

love requires a bit more creativity and even risk

for this challenges us to DEMONSTRATE an otherwise ordinary deed


in an EXTRAORDINARY



and unique way


 that can change the course of a life. 

We need not look very far to find out how we can make a difference in the world



for the possibilities are within short reach in the small things.




What would you add to your list?

I would add the verb, SPRINKLE.

WHY?

I have received countless gestures of love just from Blogland alone these past two years
(Thank you dear friends from Nowhere, elsewhere in the world, The Netherlands and Canada)
but today I would like to direct you to a friend whose art came my way this week


  in which she sprinkled parts of my life's history


my home


and my passions with her heart.


Violet Skiles from 
Create Beauty
certainly knows how to dust
the right amount of love and grace
to the everyday things of my life that I may take for granted.

She is having a special giveaway this weekend and if you have a moment, tap on her door



then DO something EXTRAORDINARY to make someone feel special! 
Merci TOUTES MES AMIES



Photo Credits for Header Photography: Tumblr via here

Drawing of Child with Heart Balloon Anita © Castles Crowns and Cottages
Photos 2, 3 from the blog GRIEGE
Photos 4, 5, 6, 7 Just be Splendid Tumblr
Photos 15, 16, 17 et 18 Violet Skiles Create Beauty