Listen to the music

Friday, May 6, 2011

I Believe



Spring showers are awakening earth's dormant life today



but the raindrops on my window pane

roll down streams of tears for me.




It's raining outside mama, and I can't see you



but I BELIEVE 



I WILL see you again.



Your great beauty did not reflect back from a looking 

glass



nor does it hang from a delicate memory



but rather it REMAINS 

in the simplicity and strength of your 

CHARACTER




I still have the little plastic dolly you dressed up 

and gave to me 




the morning you died.




For 29 years, you taught me how to live

and in one last courageous breath




you taught me how to die.

I WILL see you again, Mama.



Your little girl who believes,



~Anita~

Photo Credits:


Plastic Doll - Anita (teeeheee!)